Saturday, March 5, 2011

Working Together

Well, I’ve reached my goal of being thoroughly inconsistent in my frequency of posting on this new little blog.  I have trouble with balancing my passions and as such tend to throw myself into one thing whole heartedly and then another.  Lately it has been late nights dedicated to formatting and tweaking Maple Tree’s newest publication which will be launched in only a few weeks!

What a journey this has been but a great experience!  I know that I could endlessly improve, correct and tweak this book for you but I will soon offer it up flawed and imperfect as it is.  Actually, I can’t wait to finally share Working Together with you all and hope that you will find it a blessing to your family and in your home.  This book will be launched on March 28th at the CHEN (Christian Home Educators Network) meeting in Newmarket.  If you are interested in joining us for the evening then please let me know and I will send you further details about the meeting.  I will be sharing a free workshop on “Working Together” that evening and will have copies of the book and other Maple Tree books available for sale.  Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

If you are new to this cozy little spot Under the Maple Tree then you might not have heard of Working Together so let me introduce you….

From the back cover,
Working Together is a dynamic guide to helping your family work together to care for your home, for yourselves and for one another.  With the goal of building teamwork, learning Christian virtues, and developing life skills, Working Together aims to make the homeschooling journey more manageable for the busy household.  This is accomplished by helping everyone in your home to become part of your team so that having a home that is “lived in” 24/7 becomes a blessing rather than a burden.  Please join us on the journey to developing real teamwork at home base.”

What are parents saying about Working Together?

“You have really done well in putting this all together.  I loved your first 5 pages because you got me interested and I could relate to you and it made me want to read more.  Well done.…  I’m looking forward to reading more on how to balance learning, managing home and playtime.” – Sarina, Ontario

“It is a wonderful book, with excellent ideas for this season in my life!”Elke, Alberta

“I have been reading through it. It is chock full of wonderful encouragement and ideas. I love the scripture references as well. This is the book that I've been needing for this time in my life...God's timing is perfect!”Elke, Alberta

“The first month of homeschooling has been rough but I am finding help in your book.  Thank you putting together such a needed resource for homeschooling mothers.” –
Cheryl, Ontario

Some thoughts from the book…

“We must help our children to build good habits in many areas of life and working together is a great way to develop and reinforce them.”

“Working together goes beyond simply managing the mechanics of the home.  Working together is about addressing heart matters and helping to grow young people into the young adults that God created them to be.”

Soon I will post an excerpt or two from this new book to encourage and challenge you.  Watch for it….

Until then… I want to offer you a special treat: a discount on Working Together.  If you subscribe to this blog and mention this offer when you order then I will give you $5 off of the cover price on orders placed by March 28th.  This special price won’t last as I do have a vary narrow profit margin on this book.  I do however want to be able to be an encouragement to as many families as possible with it and so am hoping to share quite a few books at this price.  Please, feel free to pass this information on to others and encourage them to subscribe as well.

Wishing you a restful Sabbath.

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment