Saturday, September 17, 2011

More Mother Culture at Home and Abroad

Okay, I am going to make one last little note on upcoming Charlotte Mason meetings....
At Home:

I have invited you all to join me either in person or virtually for our little gatherings in my living room here in Bradford, Ontario.  I know that many of you have responded or have picked up a copy of the book that we are reading.  (For more details see this posting and this one.)  I ask that you would please be patient with me though and even if you have told me that you plan to come, could you please RSVP so that I know who and how many to expect on that evening?  (Usually one of my daughters like to bake something special for us!)  I can send on my address information to you then as well.  I am very much looking forward to having an encouraging evening with many other home educating parents!

And Abroad:

Well, I can't claim to have gone very far abroad as I have become quite the homebody in my homeschooling years but I have heard through the grapevine about others who meet up to share some "Mother Culture" in the same way that we do.  These folks have shared their information with me so that they can welcome more folks in their area for some comaradarie but I haven't updated the list since the spring so please let me know if you have any more up to date information.  I would also love to add more names to the list, especially of groups that are outside of Ontario, so if you are involved in another Charlotte Mason study group or know of one, please pass on the info here as it may be helpful to someone else in your neighbourhood.  It means so much to me to be able to meet with like-minded moms and I hope that many of you will be able to benefit from some of the same.

Mitchell, Ontario: Contact Laurel at 519-348-0378 or ljbaldridge@gmail.com.  Meeting every 6 weeks.

Kingsville, Ontario: Contact Jennifer at pjgagnon@cogeco.ca.  Near Windsor.

Millgrove, Ontario: http://wholeheartedhomeeducators-canada.blogspot.com/.  Near Burlington?

Bradford, Ontario: Contact Cori at 905-778-9412 or coriandmark@hotmail.com.  Meeting every 5 to 6 weeks.  Between Barrie and Newmarket.

And remember that if you can't find some Mother Culture at home (here in Bradford with us) or abroad (with some of these lovely groups) then you are welcome to join the virtual group here as we try to be a help to one another!

Keep in touch!

Blessings,

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment