Sunday, June 26, 2011

Homeschool Horizons

From time to time people ask me about the way that we homeschool and what resources we use.  While I am not likely to review products that we haven’t tried or give you my opinion about a resource that we just didn’t like, I am happy to tell you the highs and lows of some of the “stuff” of everyday life around here. 

As such, I wanted to draw to your attention a great new product that you might enjoy…

Tony and Shannon Ratcliffe and their team are working hard to roll out, this September, the inaugural issue of Homeschool Horizonsa brand new all Canadian magazine meant to connect and encourage homeschoolers across the country.  This is something that I have been dreaming about for years!  Yes, there have been resources available along these lines but not something that has that hometown flair – it’s Canadian! 

This is a hard copy magazine that will be mailed to your home every other month starting in September and right now, until the end of June, they have a promotion on: a one year subscription, six issues, for $25!  This comes with a free e-book as well as the opportunity to win some goodies in their Growing Prize Packages.

If you are interested in a resource that will come at just those intervals where you need the encouragement to stay the course then I would suggest this as a great investment in your homeschool, a professional development resource, a teacher’s magazine that speaks your language and will bring refreshment to your home classroom.   

Not only that but I hear that they are going to have some excellent writers!  (Ahem, check out their maths writer.  Naturally, being a wordy Canadian homeschooler, I was excited to have the opportunity to meet with more of you through this medium and to take the chance to focus on my math passions.) 

I hope that you will have the chance to grab a copy of this magazine and to spend a few minutes here and there sipping in the encouragement that the Homeschool Horizons team is brewing up for you.

Remember, if you sign up before the end of the month you will get in on the discounted price and the prize draws!  Tell them that Cori sent you.

I hope you are enjoying this rainy weather – I know the weeds in my garden are!

Blessings,

Cori

No comments:

Post a Comment