Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mother Culture, June 9th at 7:30pm

This coming Thursday, June 9th, marks the last of the Charlotte Mason Support Group meetings of the school year in my home.  Usually by this point in the year most of us in our house are not thinking towards lessons with vigour and enthusiasm.  Instead our enthusiasm is more focussed on things like how many days until we go camping and so on. 

This time, however, I am very excited about one last gathering of precious ladies here in my living room for some "Mother Culture", a time to encourage and build up and learn from one another.  I can't wait to pick your brains on what "Summer's Cool" means to you.  The agenda for the evening includes time to share what kind of experiences we are all looking forward to this summer and how those camps and crafts and sports and so many other things are an extension of the learning time that is more formal in the other seasons.

If you live in the area (of Bradford, Ontario), please feel free to join us even if you haven't had opportunity to do the assigned readings.  The gathering place is my living room. (Email me for my address or directions.)  We meet from 7:30 to 9:30.

The readings for this week are: from A Charlotte Mason Companion: chapters 38 (Picnics Any Time), 39 (Summery Senses), 45 (A New Grading Method), and 46 (Mother Culture), as well as from A Philosophy of Education chapter 9 (The Way of Reason) and pages 224-230, 233-234 (Geography, Physical Development and Handicrafts).

I look forward to meeting with some of you soon.

Cori

P.S. Don't forget to share the information about the "Newby Workshops" with your friends and family.  They are already starting to fill up as my living room isn't that large so email me soon so that you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment